Backstage Magazine will celebrate the 20th year of its interactive tradeshow, Actorfest, by seeking fresh talent in 4 new marketplaces: Chicago, Detroit, Las Vegas, and Philadelphia. The event, which drew around 20,000 performers last year provides career resources for actors by bringing them together with the industry’s most influential agents, casting directors, managers, and producers.
Detroit: The expo will be held at Raleigh Michigan Studios on Saturday, May 19th from 9am-6pm and allow attendees to meet face-to-face with dozens of professionals seeking talent for new and existing entertainment programming. “We are very excited to be expanding beyond LA and New York this year” says Josh Shames, General Manager of Actorfest “The momentum behind the performing arts in Michigan has really picked up in recent years and we look forward to seeing the talent Detroit will bring.”
Actorfest offers attendees the opportunity to:
· Attend interactive workshops hosted by casting directors, agents, and managers
· Partake in casting calls hosted by TV networks and big-name casting directors
· Visit the Exhibit Hall, which offers performers training and product tools
· Take part in “Meet and Drop” sessions with top-level casting directors
· Interact with other attendees in the Networking Cafe.
While basic admission to Actorfest is FREE (includes open casting calls, the exhibit hall, and entry to the café), everyone must register. Special pricing packages are available for workshops and panels. Meet & Drop sessions are FREE to attend with the purchase of any workshop.
For more information or to register for Actorfest Detroit visit: www.actorfest.com